Suggestion: Assessment of Minor Injury

There should be more information available towards minor knocks picked up during matches, especially if they are picked up before half-time.

If a player is able to play on with a knock it would be good to know if it's muscular and therefor likely to further damage the injury, or if it's just a bump on the noggin in which case running repairs can be made and they're likely to be ok in a few days.

Physios at most big clubs can easily make an assessment about whether a player can play on or not, surely they can give some info on what the injury actually is?

I agree with this, it would be a simple add aswell I think. I like Nomis' idea, I don't think I'd want to mess about with widgets because you'd be opening and closing it if you just wanted to know about one player.

• 2 years later...

I think the way it works now is fine. Perhaps the information available could be improved, but no need for overkill. I try to assess a players fitness from watching them myself, but sometimes they can *appear* to be OK but at the end of the game they're out for 6 weeks with a torn hamstring.

If the injury is serious then they should be subbed, period. No manager expects a player to play on with a hamstring injury. "potential thigh injury" covers everything from a scratch to a break! More info please is my only ask.

In case you don't know...

On the assistant feedback screen, your assistant manager will let you know how severe the injury is, and will recommend whether you should take the player off.

On the team motivation screen, the motivation will change accordingly, ie; Seems unaffected by knock, Wants to continue but is clearly struggling, Has a knock but should be okay, etc.

Also, blast from the past with this thread?

In case you don't know...

On the assistant feedback screen, your assistant manager will let you know how severe the injury is, and will recommend whether you should take the player off.

On the team motivation screen, the motivation will change accordingly, ie; Seems unaffected by knock, Wants to continue but is clearly struggling, Has a knock but should be okay, etc.

Also, blast from the past with this thread?

yeah i was just going to type this, there are three different ways to check the injury during the game, there could be a physio screen you could pull up like the ass man feedback one i guess but as it stands its usually quite easy to figure out if a player should be subbed or not. You can also tell watching the game if a player is struggling.

Archived