Does experience matter?

Lets say there are two 20 year old players in the same league, both of whom have the same CA as well as the same PA, both of the players are with teams with equal standard and strength. One of the players has been a first team regular with his team since he was 17 years old, and the other player has only played a bit-part with his team, only playing a few games here and there.

My question is this: does experience and having games (as well as goals) under their belt aid the progress of a player?

I'm with the 'Yes it does' guy.

In my experience a player that has been involved in more games, over their game history not just necasserily over one game season. Will be less likely to feel the pressure of high pressure games.

As a player with the odd game here and there may be a fantastic/super class player. Though experiance wieghes in far, far more, I've had/have players in my squad who's stats, many would laugh at them. Some may not even consider signing them let alone play them. However these players have the experience and this shows. Most of the time do well.

Its down to pressure in games, may it be media comments in game. Players in real life often are not as fit as the new blood who are up and coming. The 'Experienced' players often get the better of these new rising stars, simply because of thier football life experience, sometimes it isn't just all about stats..... You know what I mean?

Playing games increases the Consistency attribute, which is hidden. Of course, that does not mean that the player who has played more matches has greater consistency, because the starting point is different for every player.

As mentioned above, playing matches releases some of the pressure the player feels. While this seems to be implemented, I am not convinced yet that it makes any long term difference.

Every year I keep asking for an EXPERIENCE ATTRIBUTE for every player. It could be hidden (or not) and it would keep increasing (forever) with every match played, more so in more reputed competitions. Its practical effect would be that it would be combined with Anticipation, Decisions and Concentration to produce Effective Anticipation, Effective Decisions and effective Concentration. The three latter attributes would be used by the match engine instead of the three former. Also, it would be combined with Adaptability to affect a player's ability to adapt to the refereeing of the match.

Hopefully this is going to be implemented at some point.

My observation is that experience means nothing much.

The difference is in mental stats thats all.

Most young outfield players play like utter crap then one day they just suddenly become good in the space of 2-3 games going from 2 stars to 4-5 and continental rep.

Archived