Injuries, FM09 A Joke

Ive got the latest patch, so that's not the issue. I also use the TUG training, and use my reserve team and bench players for cup games and 50% of Champions league games, so its not over using players.

But, im in Nov of season 2, so far ive had 2 games where 4 players get injured and I have to finish the game with 10 men.

I would accept this as just fluke coincidence, but ive only had two games in the season where I haven't had at least one player injured requiring a sub.

Why hasnt FM addressed this ridiculousness? Injuries are a part of the game but ive never seen a string of games in real life that have anywhere near the amount of injuries you get in this game. Its a joke.

Id rather FM lean more in a fantasy direction where players rarely get injured, rather than have a game so absurdly affected by injuries. And why isnt there something built in that overrides the random nature of injuries once a handful of players git nicked? 2 games with 4 serious injuries in each game?

This game is supposed to be fun?

I don't know what to say. I'm in March 2009 and must have had about six or seven injuries over the course of the season so far. There seems to be no problem for me.

Have you started a new game with 9.2.0 or is it a continued save? That can make a difference.

youre right Fm09 is a joke, but i have no problems with injuries :D

You keep posting that and it not at all relevant.

Since 9.2.0 I have not experienced a big problem with injuries. Maybe you should check how heavy your training is and you should also keep tabs on players conditions during games.

You keep posting that and it not at all relevant.

Since 9.2.0 I have not experienced a big problem with injuries. Maybe you should check how heavy your training is and you should also keep tabs on players conditions during games.

read my post again, somehow your mind has translated it wrong

I don't know what to say. I'm in March 2009 and must have had about six or seven injuries over the course of the season so far. There seems to be no problem for me.

Have you started a new game with 9.2.0 or is it a continued save? That can make a difference.

Its a 9.2.0 game.

In my first season I didnt have as many injuries. All but 3 of my best 11 got injured at one point, but never more than 2 at a time. So I could withstand it somewhat. (Arguero went down for the final two months and cost me the title) Even then, the game was ridiculous because 80% of the time you could count on at least one player needing to be subbed for an injury.

Season two has been a nightmare. As ive said, two games ive been reduced to 10 men because of 4 injuries. Oddly I could stomach those absurd games IF injuries didnt call for substitutes in almost every game. Someone always get nicked and needs to be subbed. (I sub everyone who gets a minor nick because ive found that if you dont sub those players they are guaranteed to go down for longer stretch)

I really dunno what to tell you, DrFager. Definitely sucks, but it's the complete opposite of how things have gone for me. I've never had more than three people out at one time and I rarely lose anyone to injury during matches.

Well in that case why are posting in the Football Manager forums?

I havent suffered anywhere near as many injuries since 9.2 came out. It is relevant to your training programme as Pete has pointed out

Its not that. I dont over train, and I never start a player that isnt at least 95% fit and I lean towards ones between 98-100%

Its the game.

Hopefully he doesn't bother posting again

thats not nice is it:(

you read my post wrong i wasnt slating injuries, like i said i have no problems with injuries.

IMO(im allowed one) FM09 is a joke and if that offends you, you dont have to respond or even read my posts but it seems you cant resist to stick your 10 pence in and IMO (im allowed one remember) you enjoy conflict.

the 3d pitch looks 10 times better than this fm09 the game has had more complaints than enough and u have to wait till the 3rd patch comes out for it to be a half decent game.

So what exactly is the purpose of your presence here if you've already made your mind up?

thats not nice is it:(

you read my post wrong i wasnt slating injuries, like i said i have no problems with injuries.

IMO(im allowed one) FM09 is a joke and if that offends you, you dont have to respond or even read my posts but it seems you cant resist to stick your 10 pence in and IMO (im allowed one remember) you enjoy conflict.

I meant, not post in this thread.

This thread is about injuries, yet you post about that the fact that you believe FM09 is a joke. You don't provide any insight in how to help the O.P stop his crisis, or how you avoid injuries; you just post that FM09 is a joke.

I really do not enjoy conflict in the slightest, just like I do not like spam.

We really need a "do not feed the troll" smiley. Nonetheless people should really stop commenting so much on other peoples posts and posting styles, you're all better than that, even if it is annoying.

Injury frequency tends to be quite realistic in 9.2, it's the type and length of injuries that seem to be causing the issue.

I would play a slower tempo game, with less closing down, normal tackling all round and change your training to generic medium. if you're still having issues then, it's just bad luck :(

We really need a "do not feed the troll" smiley. Nonetheless people should really stop commenting so much on other peoples posts and posting styles, you're all better than that, even if it is annoying.

some people cant resist they like to be a hero and enjoy watching their post counter rise. also why are people who post negatively about FM09 regaurded as a troll, i would love to post positively about Fm09 but every patch a different problem it gets infuriating and SI need to know that people arnt happy.

some people cant resist they like to be a hero and enjoy watching their post counter rise. also why are people who post negatively about FM09 regaurded as a troll, i would love to post positively about Fm09 but every patch a different problem it gets infuriating and SI need to know that people arnt happy.

This isn't the thread, you posted one, pointless line so I see you the one that loves that little post count of yours.

sorry Neji

Injury frequency tends to be quite realistic in 9.2, it's the type and length of injuries that seem to be causing the issue.

I would play a slower tempo game, with less closing down, normal tackling all round and change your training to generic medium. if you're still having issues then, it's just bad luck :(

But that's kinda ridiculous that you need to create a style that will safeguard you from the injuries in the game.

BTW, I use a slow counterattacking style on the road and am only aggressive at home.

Again, this is not my tactics or training, its the game. There is no method to this madness, which is why im posting about it. Typically I dont post on things about the game unless its just obvious its the game and not the player.

i would like this game to be improved if they didnt have all these bugs and stuff it wouldnt be a bad game but unfortunatly they are ruining the game they are concentrating more on fm live.

Not true. They have two totally different teams working on FM & FM Live.

i would like this game to be improved if they didnt have all these bugs and stuff it wouldnt be a bad game but unfortunatly they are ruining the game they are concentrating more on fm live.

FM Live is worked on by a completely separate team.

If you really want the game to improve, your posts in this thread aren't going to help. Sounded to me like you've already given up on it anyway and are going over to CM.

But that's kinda ridiculous that you need to create a style that will safeguard you from the injuries in the game.

BTW, I use a slow counterattacking style on the road and am only aggressive at home.

Again, this is not my tactics or training, its the game. There is no method to this madness, which is why im posting about it. Typically I dont post on things about the game unless its just obvious its the game and not the player.

Nobody else seems to be having the problem, if you feel it's got nothing to do with the your training or tactics and is just the game, then post in the bugs forum with evidence and SI will take a look. Honestly, they will.

Your opening post is bordering on whinging rather than constructive criticism and as such isnt' going to serve much more than a flamefest.

I got to 2015/16 when I hit the first (and only) long term injuries. My dynamic strike duo were out for 4-5 and 2-3 months a piece, up until then, I had been averaging about 6 minor injuries a season, which, spread out over 40-50 matches, isn't bad at all.

I have training around medium, and don't play people under 95%. If a player hits <70% and I have a sub available, I use it. This game was rolled on to 9.2, started under 9.0.1.

Are you closing down a lot? Playing a high tempo, hard tackling game? Perhaps trying to slow the tempo, play narrower and try not to let your players run like headless geese after the ball?

Nobody else seems to be having the problem, if you feel it's got nothing to do with the your training or tactics and is just the game, then post in the bugs forum with evidence and SI will take a look. Honestly, they will.

Your opening post is bordering on whinging rather than constructive criticism and as such isnt' going to serve much more than a flamefest.

Well im not trying to start a flamefest. Im a loyal FM player, love the game.

I wouldnt not post here without looking into it myself. When the injuries started getting over the top I rechecked my training and everything was right.

Im using the SexyFootball Tactic currently popular in the tactics portions. It is not all out agression. In fact the away is a defensive counterattack tactic and on both there is alot of time wasting.

Next time I have 4 injuries in a single game I will screenshot everything.

BTW I vote for FM to give s setting where the player can turn injuries on and off to prevent this. The fatigue can still be in tact, but they have got to be able to give the player a way to play without having injuries kill a game. Ive spent 20 hours on this game and it stinks that injuries are making me consider starting over.

Injuries are always bad and sad but statistically FM 09 injury rates are ok. In todays foorball a team of 24 players have average of 5 unavailable players on match days. And of course there are also lots of examples when this number is higher. You have right to curse if you can not form your ideal squad due to injuries but it is in the game(both in real life and FM).

every injury seems to be like months all the time you never get many that are out for a week or so.

I'm not having that problem either since the last patch. My most common injuries last about two or three weeks.

Archived