What I want for FM10

Do you like these ideas?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like these ideas?

• I like them!
    • I like some, but not others.
    • I do NOT like this.
    • Undecided

1) The ability to be more than just a manager.

I know this has been raised before and that SutI have previousley said that they don't want to do this but I think it could work as follows:

Two new staff roles in the game, head coach and head scout. Head coaches would be playable by humans and able to hire and fire coaches within a budget, manage schedles, PPM and positional training, and make suggestions towards the manager (human or AI) towards who is doing well and poorley in training, like the current reports managers recieve from their assistents. If you were manager, you could choose whether they act like this or just give reports, train players and make passive suggestions as to possible improvements to the training regime for the team and individiual players. Clubs are not forced to have a HC but those who did not would lose the training reports, etc and of course the ability to have them manage training. AI HC's would perform based on a new 'Training Organisation'.

Head scouts would again be playable and would have the ability to hire and fire scouts within a budget, organise the scout assingments, and could be asked to scout for players themselves. Scouting would be improved in the game, by having the ability to ask scouts to do more specific assingments. You could give them deadlines, and tell them to search for players in certain price ranges, positions and a minimum current and potential ability for targets. HS's could set standard scouts these targets, and the manager could ask them to find and suggest targets themselves. Again, human managers could ask head scouts to act like this or just scout and make suggestions for possible assingments. Again, clubs would not have to employ HS's but they would not gain thire benefits otherwise and AI HS's would have a 'organising scouting' stat.

HS/C's would be able to be sacked by either the board or managers if they were performing poorley, a new manager didn't like them or the club had to reduce their wage bill.

Directors of Football would actually do something and be playable. If employed, they could sack staff and have the finnal say over transfers. They would recieve transfer suggestions from the manager but negotiate themselves. They would also set budgets, the ticket prices, and spend on upgrading facilities. They would basiclly own the club. They could be put under fan pressure as below and be sacked by the chairman.

Clubs would also have the option to hire reserve and youth team managers, which human players could also be. They would organise reserve/youth friendlys, control the team for all matches, promote players from lower teams, demote players to a loweer team or ask managers from higher teams to play their players or have them made availaible by the higher manager.

Also, with the permission of the first team manager, they could change the squad status of thire players, loan or transfer players and deal with contracts. However, if you were given these aditional resbonsabilities, first team managers would have to give you some of the clubs transfer/wage budgets. These managers would be judged in the same way as first team managers except managers could fire them and there would be a bar for 'Player Improvement'. If a club wished, they would not have to have a reserve/youth team manager, but you would have to allocate the role to an existing staff member who could only take charge of matches, leaving the rest to the main manager.

You could also take a job as an assistent manager. These would watch all first team matches and make tactical suggestions to the manager, and generaly make suggestions on ervery area of the game, including transfer, player management, etc. They could also be asked to additionally act as a head coach, head scout, reserve/youth team managers and head physions, who would hire and fre physios. These could be employed by clubs, but humans would only be able to be them as part of thire ass man duties because it would be exeptionally boring on its own.

Also, AI assmen who were asked to manage the reserve/youth team would only control matches as oulined above but humans would have the full whammey. Assmen's confidence bars would have a section for assmen and the bars for whatever additional roles they took on exept HP. AI assmen would also have a 'workload level'. The higher the workload, the worse they perform. Based on existing stats, some assmen would be able to efficiently perform more tasks. Clubs could hire 2 or 3 assmen and split duties between them. If the workload was too high, assmen could become unhappy and even resign. They could also request more or less tasks.

2) An expansion to the PPM features.

Players would have 2 ratings, 1 on how good they are at a PPM that could be tied in to stats and 1 on how often they do the specific PPM. Also, each PPM would have a negative version with only one score, the higher this is the lesss and less likely it is that they will do that PPM.

3)Diving.

This would appear as both a stat and PPM. The stat would effect how well they dived, and the PPM how oftrn they did it. It would also be a tactics slider, a global one that you can adjust for indivials, that tells players to or not to dive. However, if you asked a player to dive and he was against it due to personality, he could become unhappy, and even moan to the press or request a transfer. If they moaned to the press, the manager would take a reputation job or maybe even be fired.

4) Fans could be happy or unhappy with a board.

This would be effected by them sacking favoured personel, how they spent money, and treated favoured peronel. Managers could also become unpopular and have lower fan confidense or vica-versa depending on how they treated faveourites. If the fans were unhappy with a staff member, they could ask for his/her sacking. If the board rejected, it would lower the fans confidense in them but the manager would like the chairman more. If the fans became very unhappy with the board, they could protest against them and even boycott the club until the issues were resolved or a takeover occured.

5) Everything in the game would have a viewable profile exept people who no longer existed in the database. Therefore, stadiums and boardroom men would have profiles.

6) Referees and Board Members would grow old and retire

to be replaces with newgwns or whatever. If they don't yet, refs would have stats, a CA, a PA and favoured/disfavoured clubs.

Hmmm... I hear people don't bother reading threads that start with walls of text that have poor paragraphing.

Anyhow:

1) Pointless, this is football manager, not Football back room staff...

2) Could be workable. The PPM feature isn't exactly as good as it could be.

3) There is diving already in the game. Diving attributes would also be very... Uh... Controversial. Yes we all know that Drogba would have a diving skill of about 2 and a diving tendancy of 267,291,457 odd and every Italian has a diving tendancy around the same, but if that were in the game... There might be some problems legally. It would be like making random events where players were arrested for rape! Sure it happens, but SI would have to do some serious work to cover their arses legally.

4) Yes yes yes!

5) What profile would you see for board members and that. Maybe a profile screen that showed their age and history, but not much else.

6) I think refs do grow old and retire, same with board members.

How about they make it so attributes can go in excess of 20... But only for Nigel Clough!

Do you think 1) is just a bad idea (and if so why) or is it just the normal 'its called football manager' exuse?

Well...

The issue here is whether or not this would be a benificial addition to the game or not. Some would see it as a gimmick and the only true benifit I can see from it is if you wish to start unemployed and can't find a job anywhere else. In that case being a coach would be helpful, but then the issue confronts SI about what decides how effective you are at training players, because nobody would sign a coach that doesn't help improve the squad. Maybe the assistant option might help, but SI would have to face a serious of issues with making the human player more or less impotent in this position.

Just think about it and the AI: You suggest that he play player X because he should be playing for the first team. He ignores you, because you're just the assistant and he thinks that a crippled gofer would make a better player than your suggestion. He's the manager, he makes the choice and bam! No dice.

The scout thing could work, but then all you're doing is watching matches and trying to judge how good players are. Again, it doesn't seem like a good addition to the game.

Overall it really just doesn't seem a benificial use of time and effort, and would end up being nothing more than a gimmick.

1. I don't like the idea as a whole. Too difficult to implement, boring ( in my opinion of course), and I'd much rather Si spent time and money making the game better as a whole. I wouldn't be to fussed if they released some sort of expansion pack that lets you do this though.

2. Possibly, I'd like to see some sort of improvement on the PPM front, but preferbaly something where you can control how often they do the things a little more

3. Again Possibly. Don't quite like the way you've implemented it, and as it is already in the game at the moment I'm not that bothered about it, although they could have a bit more diving.

4. I like it.

5. Not quite sure in the stadiums profile bit. What is the point in it?

6. yes.

1. Dont like the first idea at all. no offense. I would however like to be able to go in as an Under 18/Reserve manager and build a reputation.

2. Hmmm, maybe, but sounds a bit complicated and 'over-crowded'

3. Nah, dont want a stat for diving

4. Ye I like that

5. Stadiums do have profiles dont they? you get to see all its data on the info screen. What more do you need? And what would be the advantage of seeing a boardmembers stats? they are people with which you have no control in the game so there's no need too know anything about them.

6.I think they already do. and to the rest I dont really care.

One thing I would like to see is more interaction between manager and board apart from the usually request - denied/concur! for instance. if you are comin to the end of your contract and the board are stalling over a new offer, and you in the meantime have recieved interest from another club, I think it would be good if you could inform the board of this, basically saying "extend my contract or lose me". I would like to see more stuff like this. What do you guys think of somethin like that?

I put in stadium profiles because, when I get a message saying the 20XX competition round whatever will be hosted at stadium Y, I want to see who owns it and how big it is. I have to open my internet brwser, go to wikipedia, put in the stadium name, go back to FM, type in the name of whatever team plays there, click on thire name, click on info, click on the selection in the top-right hand corner, click on facilities, and see the current in-game stadium size. And if the stadium was built in-game and not in real life, I can't at all. It is alot easier just to click on the darn stadium, isn't it?

For board members, I could see some currently hidden stats, and would have to happen if the DoF part of 1) was implemented.

I have never ever seen an Assistant Manager game .. or a Head Scout Manager game in all my 20 years of collecting and playing footy management games. And believe me there were some abscure homebrew dross in the eighties. I reckon there is a reason for this.

I like point 4 though.

Exactly. If it has never been done, surely that's innotive and could be given a go?

I put in stadium profiles because, when I get a message saying the 20XX competition round whatever will be hosted at stadium Y, I want to see who owns it and how big it is. I have to open my internet brwser, go to wikipedia, put in the stadium name, go back to FM, type in the name of whatever team plays there, click on thire name, click on info, click on the selection in the top-right hand corner, click on facilities, and see the current in-game stadium size. And if the stadium was built in-game and not in real life, I can't at all. It is alot easier just to click on the darn stadium, isn't it?

For board members, I could see some currently hidden stats, and would have to happen if the DoF part of 1) was implemented.

Ah I see where you are coming from.

Then I like the idea of doign it for stadiums, not sure about board members.

1) would be incredibly boring I would say.

4) definitely something that should be looked into, supporters confidence with the chairman is something important which is not yet integrated into the game (which reminds me i read pages and pages of celtic fans moaning on the itv teletext fan shout daily)

6) favourite clubs for refs, there's no way they'd implement this, from a legal standpoint as well as it all just being a load of tosh that certain refs favour certain clubs anyway. there is no real proof at least. why on earth would you want to see this in the game anyway?

Archived