Youth Acadamies

Is there anyway of affecting who comes through the youth system. I'm not talking in terms of skill, but rather nationality. In my 6th season with Arsenal. On average around 7-12promoted per season and ALL bar 3 have been English, all those others have been nigerian. Is there anyway of getting perhaps Russians or Italians or Germans or French players coming through the system?

In 10 seasons in FM09 i've had ONLY foreign 3 players promoted to my U18's. They were a Dutch lad, a Turkish lad and a Spanish geezer. All 3 were utterly crap and had VERY low CA and PA. Surely if my board are promoting these players then they should AT LEAST have decent-good CA and PA, otherwise what is the point of them joining my team from abroad?

Would Wenger and the Arsenal board agree to sign a very poor Spaniard who has the footballing ability of a moose? i doubt it very much!!!

One thing i have noticed is that over my 10 seasons, i have only had 5 youth U18 GK's, EVER!! And i have had NONE for the past 4 yrs. Countless numbers of wingers/midfielders take up the majority of my youth team!?! :confused:

Archived