Weird decrease in stadium capacity?

I think the key clue is 'stadium condition: very poor'. probably lost a lot of money when they got out the premiership and couldn't really afford the ground anymore.

It is still called 'The Reebok Stadium' so therefore you would expect the attendance to stay the same. Unless they just don't use 3 of the stands anymore.

I didn't say they moved, just they couldn't afford it - ie maintenance etc. Running costs won't go down outside the premiership but the working income on matchday will probably plummet after a couple of seasons. I seem to remember threads where stands have been closed down for health & safety, I presume this is along those lines...

I didn't say they moved, just they couldn't afford it - ie maintenance etc. Running costs won't go down outside the premiership but the working income on matchday will probably plummet after a couple of seasons. I seem to remember threads where stands have been closed down for health & safety, I presume this is along those lines...

Got you mate, you are probably right.

Happened to me once on 07. I found out what happens teams go into major debt. The ground gets 'reduced' as they cannot afford to maintain the stand as you've said. It happens IRL as at Leeds no-one is allowed to sit in the top tier of the East Stand to reduce costs.

Off-topic - Gills can you reply to my PM please.

• 6 months later...

Archived