Scouts not finding players

Guest LusoMan

Guest LusoMan

Hello,

Recently returned from a vacation to Portugal and picked up FM 2008. I started a season with Porto and have been sending my scouts all over but each of them returns with no players. At first I figured it was the country I was scouting, but when 4 scouts go to Argentina and find nothing I began to think that something was up. Anyone offer help on this?

Well, they don't have access to these forums so they are bound to miss the likes of Piatti and Buonnette.

Also, are you looking only at their initial screen? The scouts usually come back and say they "couldn't find any high recommendations". If you click on the scout reports button there are some less highly recommended players.

I believe they take into account your ability to sign certain players. For example, if you send him to England your scout probably wouldn't recommend you try to sign John Terry.

Hope that makes sense.

Well, they don't have access to these forums so they are bound to miss the likes of Piatti and Buonnette.

Also, are you looking only at their initial screen? The scouts usually come back and say they "couldn't find any high recommendations". If you click on the scout reports button there are some less highly r

Note also that if you didn't make Argentina an active league, and you're playing with a Small DB, then the odds are there are no real players in Argentina .. or few enough that they honestly didn't find them.

Also, if you set a specific search criteria, you can shoot yourself in the foot if you make it too narrow.

Taking the Argentina inactive / European club / Small DB example: if you tell the scout "Left backs under the age of 18", he will come back with nothing because there are no left backs under the age of 18 in Argentina on your save game. Newgens in an inactive Argentina often come into existance at age 19, 20, or 21, when they are considered to have risen into such promise that somebody outside of Argentina might be interested in them.

In general, scout your active leagues, unless you have a Large DB .. in which case, go anywhere you want .. but be gentle on the search parameters.

. . .

The other thing that occurs to me is, are you ignoring the "Scout Knowledge" and "Club Knowledge" indicators?

If you are sending a scout with no knowledge of the country, who doesn't speak the language, to a nation your club has no knowledge of ... well, he's pretty much s.o.l., isn't he? icon_biggrin.gif Send scouts to places they know .. or build their knowledge by sending them to places the club has some knowledge of thanks to a Coach, a Feeder Club, or the Manager.

Im sure that I read a thread on here saying that if you send a scout to any of the asian nations then he wont find any players. I believe this is because of licencing issues so its pointless sending scouts to these nations.

Archived