Keeper injuries

hey i noticed that i have never once had to substitute a keeper due to injury, so i conducted an experiment, i decided that i would start up a new game and only use one keeper for every single game. Three seasons on and Reina has never been, injured during or between matches, red carded, yellow carded or anything.

Keepers are not generally involved in much in real life but you get the occasional keeper injury during a game and sometimes a red card.

Has anyone had anything like this before??

In my Reutlingen save during 10 seasons of playing I have had injuries to keepers a few times. Luckily only one or two times during a match though with the others coming during traning. I also saw a grand total of one keeper send off. The situation was that one of my players played a through ball which went a bit too far for my striker to reach so the opposition keeper came out of his goal to pick up the ball. The ball was just outside the box though and the goalie got sent off.

I had my gk suffer an injury, but he stayed on, mainly because it was a light knock at the time, and there was no replacement at the time. He was out for 3 weeks, in which I got a 1 month loan Luton reserves goalie as my backup was on loan, and my youth goalies didn't seem up for the challenge or standards of BSS.

I've had 2 injuries to keepers on 09 and always have a spare keeper on the bench. Its a key area of the team for me and I wouldnt dream of going into a match without a sub keeper even if its my 16yr old youth keeper. You can get away with playing a right midfielder at right back if you need to.

Only player I would trust in goal is Peter Crouch!

Archived