I have just went to continue my load game

It's a corrupted file and you can't do anything to fix it. The game is basically dead. Try saving as several files so if one corrupts, you always have a backup. Sorry for the loss of your game, but it can't be helped. Make sure that you backup regularly as this happens roughly every 3 seasons with me, depending on the game. Happy Gaming

You were one of the lucky ones Stan Free. Most games are corrupted if that message comes up. Try that as well RoanBhoy, but i wouldn't hold out much hope. Stan Free's game is probably one in ten thousand that works after that message comes up. Good luck with your new season

right buddy some tips to limit your corrupt files in future

do a diskcheck every week - it repairs your hard drive of bad sectors - it does it on start up and takes roughly 15-20 minutes for a heavily packed com

defrag often - defrag is handy because it keeps everything in the right place

backup save games as suggested by others

i'm in 2017/18 and haven't had a corrupt save yet or on fm08 follow them general rules and you should be ok

i dont think i have ever had a corrupt file on FM

is there anything special that brings it on

It is caused by something interfering with the data in the file. So something like, your computer crashing when the game is in the process of saving or maybe anitvirus software tampering with it are some of the things that can cause it.

Is the 3 part rolling file the default setting? I had this problem of losing the game I was on, and assumed that I'd have to be more careful next time, but upon creating a new game on preferences I found that the 3 part rolling file had been selected automatically. If it is the default setting, why can I not find the backup files anywhere, and if it isn't the defualt setting, why is it now?

Archived