Do you care about the football manager game engine?

I have seen on some threads people complaining about the 3d game engine. i just want to say this does it really matter i think that if u want a super game engine in terms of graphics and stuff u get fifa 09 or pro ev i am content just to see my players on 2d running round that is enough for me but i'd like to hear some other opinions?? :thup::thdn::thup::thdn:

I have seen on some threads people complaining about the 3d game engine. i just want to say this does it really matter i think that if u want a super game engine in terms of graphics and stuff u get fifa 09 or pro ev i am content just to see my players on 2d running round that is enough for me but i'd like to hear some other opinions?? :thup::thdn::thup::thdn:

I have to agree with you on this. If one wants 3D engine badly, he should play FIFA Manager or Pro Evolution for better graphics.

A lot of the complaints are that the stupid player behaviour like Bigshow1 describes make it difficult to decide what tactical changes to make. You don't know how to put things right because you can't see what's wrong properly.

A lot of the problems are much more obvious now that we have 3D. In 2D you don't see little dots moving sideways like crabs.....

They mean the actual physics of it, not the graphics. Players run backwards and away from the attacker they're meant to be defending and things like that. Strikers hitting the bar 8 times a game etc...

Youv'e got a point however i play on 2d and haven't had any of those problems is it only on 3d these problems start to occur?

Just to wade in on this score. I think the real world physics are not built directly into the "3D game engine" as such. The background work in terms of how the result will be determined was already there pre-FM09. They simply (obviously not that simply) layered it with a graphical layer to take further advantage.....more to come in FM10 + I think. Perhaps the behind the scenes engine and the 3D match engine might become more closely inter-related.

They mean the actual physics of it, not the graphics. Players run backwards and away from the attacker they're meant to be defending and things like that. Strikers hitting the bar 8 times a game etc...

exactly, nothing to with graphics you can turn 3d off but you have to live with the dire match engine ATM

This years game is better, the match engine could be improved and I believe they should have stuck with the one in FM07, but the game as a whole is better than previous years.

this thread is about the match engine not the game as a whole, im not disputing that other areas of the game have improved just specifically the match engine which hasnt.

this thread is about the match engine not the game as a whole, im not disputing that other areas of the game have improved just specifically the match engine which hasnt.

Well I will agree with that one, the FM07 post patch match engine has been the best and most realistic so far.

I agree Peter, I said the day that 08's demo was released that the ME wasn't as good as 07's (Neji disagreed). If I could make one change to FM it would be putting that ME back in.

Yes, that and making the pitch larger would make FM09 the best ever. In my opinion, FM07 had the easiest match engine to get to grips with and you could actually see your tactics working.

Trust Neji to disagree, this just proves that Neji doesn't know.

Archived