Players get expensive but season tickets never increase!

One problem I have noticed with FM and it is a major issue if you ask me. Say your a small club and you expand your stadium to the max and you get to the top of the game winning cups and league titles. You become popular and as the seasons go on player values increase dramatically meaning you pay a lot more. However your season ticket prices remain the same throughout the years meaning you struggle to pay for those top players.

Is this still the case with FM09?

I have that problem. When I started my first season, talented youngsters could be bought for ~1m. Now, they cost about ~10m. I'm completely serious.

That is far more realistic a club will try and hang to there best young talent. If you had a young Ronaldo like sporting did they didn't sell him for 1 million it was like 12.

My season ticket price at wycombe has gone up rapidly, probably because we got promoted from L2 to Prem in 4 seasons and won Euro Cup in season 4 and the champions league in Season 5. I had great players as well, but they took wage cuts to stay at the club because it was listed in their favourite clubs.

I've noticed more ST's being bought rather than the price going up but I guess that's 'cos my only long term games have been Southampton and they can only really get better so more ST's are likely to be bought. I'll do another few seasons and come back (if I can ind the thread) and report on any changes to ST prices

What i find crap about season tickets is that after signing several stars with Inter such as Messi, Aguero and Diarra, i still can't fill my stadiums, not only that, but both the season tickets sells at pre-season and the season average attendance have decreased from last year, even after winning BOTH Italian League and Champions League!

How am i supposed to raise my average attendance and season tickets!?

Archived