Comical Injuries [WARNING: Player Naming]

Hi all:)

I am playing as Arsenal, 9.2.0 patch.

Playing against Benfica in the Champions League, the score was 3-1 at half time, to me.

On 71 minutes I scored my fifth, Carlos Vela scoring. He then just stayed still, which I thought was a little strange.

Straight after the 'GOAL' flashing had gone, I had to make a substitution - Carlos Vela was injured.

I thought that he must have been elbowed, but as I had 2D on I had no idea if this was right.

Switching to 3D, I saw that the player who I thought was right next to him was actually a yard away.

He just headed the ball, and fell to the floor!

He didn't get any injury, and is avalible for the next match.

I'm assuming that the ball hit him in his face, and he got concussion, which, I know I should, I found quiet funny:D

Anyone else had any funny injuries happen on FM? Even if it hasn't actually been a funny injury, it could have look it on the match engine.

If so, post about it:thup:

I remember starting a youngster regen for the first time and he scored on his full debut, after the goal next thing I know I have to sub him off due to injury!

I clicked on the match report, and their was no mention of how he got the injury, just 'player x had to been taken off with a injury'.

Silly thing was he went off celebrating, he must of got injured during the celbebration!

I have got one incident regarding Gary Neville.

Playing as Arsenal as well and in a match at the Emirates, Theo had managed to skin two or three defenders on a mazy run from Arsenal's half all the way to Man United's final third in the 23rd minute.

The last man in his way to the penalty area was Neville and it was quite obvious Theo was going to outpace him in a straight race. So it was no surprises he did and it was so pleasing to watch Neville attempt to catch up to Theo but failing miserably.

What was amusing though was that after Theo had left Neville in the dust and had burst into the penalty area, Neville stopped in his tracks and then just laid down on his back. While this was happening, Theo had placed the ball in the back of the net, so I got the opportunity to watch Neville in all his glory once more, this time in slow motion. :D

After the match was over, I checked to see what his injury was and apparently, it was not anything serious as there was no signs of any injury, just poor physical condition. It could have been embarrassment that led to his request for an early withdrawal I guess. ;)

Playing as Arsenal as well and in a match at the Emirates, Theo had managed to skin two or three defenders on a mazy run from Arsenal's half all the way to Man United's final third in the 23rd minute.

The last man in his way to the penalty area was Neville and it was quite obvious Theo was going to outpace him in a straight race. So it was no surprises he did and it was so pleasing to watch Neville attempt to catch up to Theo but failing miserably.

What was amusing though was that after Theo had left Neville in the dust and had burst into the penalty area, Neville stopped in his tracks and then just laid down on his back. While this was happening, Theo had placed the ball in the back of the net, so I got the opportunity to watch Neville in all his glory once more, this time in slow motion. :D

After the match was over, I checked to see what his injury was and apparently, it was not anything serious as there was no signs of any injury, just poor physical condition. It could have been embarrassment that led to his request for an early withdrawal I guess. ;)

LOOOOOL.. If that happened IRL id give it a million views on youtube lol! :D

loL! This is indeed very funny!

LOOOOOL.. If that happened IRL id give it a million views on youtube lol! :D

It did. Subsitute "Jimmy Kebe" in for "Theo Walcott" and "Matt Jarvis" in for "Gary Neville". Except Kebe had the professionalism to stop when he realised Jarvis was injured.

It did. Subsitute "Jimmy Kebe" in for "Theo Walcott" and "Matt Jarvis" in for "Gary Neville". Except Kebe had the professionalism to stop when he realised Jarvis was injured.

Well, what with all the play-acting in the game now, it is always wiser to play to the referee's whistle. :)

Archived