Playing FM on another laptop.. help!

Hi,

I've just bought a new laptop cos my old one is on it's last legs. I have FM08 saved on an external hard drive with a shortcut on my desktop on the old laptop. I've tried playing it on my new one, but it says the game I have saved cannot be loaded. I've selected the right drive in the preferences, installed it fully on my laptop etc, but I can't open the game! Well annoying as I'm top of the league! Cheers for any help.

here are a couple of suggestions or shots in thre dark really:

Try moving the saved game onto your new lappy hard drive in the correct FM folder see if that helps - if so you can then save it and move it back to the external drive;

Might sound daft but is the external drive compatable with the lappy; and

When you said that your original game had no patches i presume so does the reloaded one on the lappy?

Other than that save gameon a cd/dvd and transfer across?

icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by AlbanianVictimAgain:

Hi,

I've just bought a new laptop cos my old one is on it's last legs. I have FM08 saved on an external hard drive with a shortcut on my desktop on the old laptop. I've tried playing it on my new one, but it says the game I have saved cannot be loaded. I've selected the right drive in the preferences, installed it fully on my laptop etc, but I can't open the game! Well annoying as I'm top of the league! Cheers for any help.

If you saved it when using a "patched" game, you cannot open it again using a lesser version of the game.

Archived