Cm4!!

CM 01/02 was my first real footy management experience, and was a great game to play. back in the days of arsenal buying francis jeffers for 11 million from everton. I honestly played that game nonstop for about two years, before buying an upgrade. CM4 opened my eyes to the possibilities, btw it was 2005 when i bought cm4 so it had been out a couple years already i imagine. but on that game i noticed that if west ham had kept certain players they would have a world class team!!! Lampard, Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Defoe, and a couple of others. basically they had nearly half the current england team on their books. I found my CM4 disc a couple of weeks ago and played it for a week as west ham.

4 seasons, not a sausage, i was actuallly closer to being relegated than any cup success, i might just be a bad manager though.

but that team could have challenged for the champions league if they all possessed their current ability back then

CM03/04 for me because it was the "last" one. Still have my save game somewhere on this PC, I reached 2046 too. I play it occasionally to remind myself what it was like winning every other game. Now I have to think to win. That's not so much fun.

Was a good game for more reasons, messi was only 16 years old, you could buy ronaldinho from psg for a modest 10 million, basically any world class players of today were still in youth teams back then, rooney was about to have his first season as a pro at the age of 16, mascherano was 19. Chelsea were not yet the massive power of wealth they are now (i think)

Archived