Pc Specs How many leagues can you run, look here to find out

I see alot of post with people asking how many leagues can they run with there current pc and specs.. I have been running tests for the past 2 weeks to find out what i consider an exceptable speed..

My pc specs are quad core 3.2 GHz, 4GB Ram, 32 Bit OS Vista Basic

Running 10 nations with a total of 20 leagues complete with a ddt file loading full team players for most top divisions of quality leagues around the world it takes 2 hrs and 40 minutes to complete a year in holiday mode. Because i dont watch other matches i set my detail level to none accept world cup matches..

so its 160 minutes divided by 52 weeks gives you 3.07 minutes per-week.. for me this is acceptable, the longest times i find are pre season from end of May to August..

If you run a test doing the following with say 2 or 3 nations and then keep increasing it untill you find a time which you consider acceptable..

Im currently testing 30+ Nations with 41 leagues, will post the time it takes here in about 3 hours time id say..

whats a ddt file?

http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/

what this does is give you choice of what teams retain there full squads from around the world, most teams will only get well know players depending on the leagues you load, loading extra players do take a bit extra to process.. Dont load the world in what ever you do, it will take 2 hours just to create the game..

yeh as an example click say Romania, then click Romanian premier league, you can then select complete league or choose which club use full squads, However you dont need to do this if you choose to run that league in your game..

running Nation as Playable will load all players, loading a Nation set to View Only will only load high rep players..

Running a League in View Only with detail level set to none doesnt add to much time to be fair.

I got it so I go to that website you gave me and select which nations I want to retain the full squads and what do I do with the file? also does it matter if i have a mac?

Not sure on mac specs or what they use to be fair.. when you save the file call it extra.ddt and place it in the db folder of you chice..

what i find is, having leagues set to Playable they are still active in thr transfer market, alot of teams dont stay active after a while, i find it just makes the game more competitive globaly, in the past i have even increased the reputations of leagues around the world just to keep a level balance..

I have a Dell Inspiron AMD 64 with 2gb of Ram. I play 90 leagues from 45 nations, all playable and all in full detail. Speed is fine - it's just a much more enjoyable game you can immerse yourself in doing it that way.

do you know how long it takes to do a season?

just to clarify (because im never sure with things like this) retaining the top domestic teams in about 20 nations wont really slow the game down much

thats right isnt it?

you wont notice it to much, you will only notice it if you have 20 leagues as playable, using a high detail level..

Just about to get an i7 rig! cant wait! 6 gigs of 1600 goodness! cant wait to see how it devours the game! Pity I cant get it for about 6 weeks, my last PC blew up so all I have now is an 8 year old laptop that doesnt even run 3D!!! I need a PC again! My life is so empty without one

Archived