Ridiculously Slow

Hi, I realise you probably get thousands of threads about peoples games running slow.

However, i have not been able to find the exact problem i scanned through about 15 pages to try and find my problem.

Basically the game in general runs at a slowish pace which is just about acceptable. However, when i am waiting for results to come in, internationals etc its 10 minutes a go. Its so enfuriating. I contacted sega and they told me to change the screen size so i did that. I Am playing as Arsenal and have only set up the english leagues up to league two.

Erm, my laptop is 2 years old and has 2 gb Ram its dual core i dunno if it makes a difference? ermi cant remember the other specs however i know it easily surpasses the requirements set for the game. I do not have the 3d game on when playing the game. I do have Norton Anti Virus and have seen it could make a difference though it never does a system scan unless i prompt it to though would it be constantly monitoring my game?

As i say, i had the same problem with every other football manager and even the classic champ man.

Any Help Id be greatful for.

Sean

Thanks for the reply.

By running msn etc do you mean in the bottom right corner because its there but i dont have anything else running on the desktop its literally football manager.

Its so frustrating because i bought it recently after being told itd been sold out from so many shops.

It seems ok just when im waiting for game results, which i couldnt really care less about, its a joke !

If your anti virus is running, then yes it would slow down FM as when FM accesses files on your hard-drive the anti virus software intercepts it to check it for virus's.

Also have a look in your TasK Manager when you are running FM and see what is hogging all the CPU.

I do have Norton Anti Virus

And therein likely lies your problem. Norton is a massive drain on system resources.

In my personal experience, and that of many I know, it makes everything painfully slow, not just gaming.

My mum recently purchased a new (and pretty top spec) PC, and asked my advice on it's sluggish performance.

I removed Norton (which came with the PC), installed Avast, and her PC performance has been racing away ever since.

If you can switch Norton off (not sure if that's possible if I recall correctly?), then do so. If you can remove it altogether and replace it with one of the higher performing and less system resource draining options on the market, even better. ;)

Personally, I like Avast very much. But Kaspersky is also a good (and I think less expensive) option.

Archived