Starting Unemployed

This may be the wrong place to ask this, so my apologies if that is the case.

I am starting to get bored of my Liverpool save, so I figured I'd start a game unemployed with automatic experience. I applied to a host of clubs, including Scottish third division clubs, and got rejected. I've now applied for Norway, Senegal, Georgia, and Zvezda Irkutsk, from Russia, and they haven't got back to me yet.

Basically what I'm asking is this: how do you get a job?

This may be the wrong place to ask this, so my apologies if that is the case.

I am starting to get bored of my Liverpool save, so I figured I'd start a game unemployed with automatic experience. I applied to a host of clubs, including Scottish third division clubs, and got rejected. I've now applied for Norway, Senegal, Georgia, and Zvezda Irkutsk, from Russia, and they haven't got back to me yet.

Basically what I'm asking is this: how do you get a job?

dont think you can start with automatic knowledge and be unemployed. as automatic sets u to the correct level to manage your start team, as you havent got a start team - nothing to match you against and therefore you probably have next to nothing in the game.

choosing a high exoerience level will get you a job sooner, however i expect if you wait long enough one of the small clubs will give u a chance in your current save

Don't choose automatic if you want to start unemployed! Automatic means the game will assign you experience based on the club you chose to manage, but you chose unemployed so it appears you are given the minimum past experience and so will struggle to get a job.

Edit: What Boredoneday said while I was typing!

Don't choose automatic if you want to start unemployed! Automatic means the game will assign you experience based on the club you chose to manage, but you chose unemployed so it appears you are given the minimum past experience and so will struggle to get a job.

Edit: What Boredoneday said while I was typing!

its normally me on the receiving end of someone else typing my thoughts!!!

Hey great minds think alike!!:cool::D

I think it comes down to having low enough leagues enabled to get a crap job :)

I started with a load of leagues on and auto experience (January 2008) and its now August and I still don't have a job. May need to start again with BSP or Serie C switched on....

OK. So we are now into February... Still no job.

Have 17 leagues loaded but none with non-league added.

Unfortunately.... this has now become a slight on my ability and I can't restart - my head won't let me!! I *need* to get a job in this game. I love FM. I really do.......

i always start unemployed and find if you set past experience to auto, you wont get a job unless you have the lowest leagues selected, i find it good toset experience to International, then you get a good choice of jobs, and you also get linked to higher clubs if you do well. I just started one, im currently at Senegal and LA Galaxy, after a terrible 4 months spell with Sampdoria.

Automatic Experience means someone who has completed thier coaching bagdes but has NO past footballing experience (your reputation within the footballing world is non-existant).

If you set this level of experience you need the LOWEST divisions in chosen leagues active when starting unemployed.

Experience levels determine your starting reputation.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the same with the new patch, loaded english, (BSP and up) scottish (div 3), and other european leagues and put reputation to automatic, one season in and i wasnt offered anything which I now understand thanks to the above posts however.........

not ONE conference manager was sacked through the season (only the 4 relegated clubs sacked their managers at the end of the season)

Surely this is a bug as you'd thnk at least 2-3 managers would get the chop in the BSP, as in the rest of the leagues there was the usual managerial merry go round. Is v9.3.0 buggered?

Cheers

I'd like to add that I started Automatic Unemployed with nationalities set to Guadeloupian and Jamaican secondarily. I got offered the Farsley Celtic job and got play-off promotion with a team packed with Guadeloupians!

Previously, I've been Qatari/Yemeni and got a job with Braintree as unemployed automatic. As long as you've got the lowest league set you should be alright.

I picked 'sunday league player' and applied for a swedish 2nd division side, got the job and it sawys in info my rep is 'regional'

is this right I dont think its the lowest rep

recently i started sunday league player, like you and got a job in wales with carmarthen town, who are in the top welsh division. immediately this raised my rep to national, as everyone in wales knew who i was, so it's logical really. in your case people in your region of sweeden would know who you are, but not outside of that region particulary, so your rep is regional.

I always start unemployed with automatic experience, and don't usually have any trouble finding a job. I also usually have a lot of lower leagues running since I play LLM-style with crappy teams in crappy leagues.

recently i started sunday league player, like you and got a job in wales with carmarthen town, who are in the top welsh division. immediately this raised my rep to national, as everyone in wales knew who i was, so it's logical really. in your case people in your region of sweeden would know who you are, but not outside of that region particulary, so your rep is regional.

I think 'automatic' is the lowest to start with unemployed, I barely got a job in the lower divisions of indonesia.

Archived