"Is set to stay following his recent arrival at club"

I find this really annoying especially when managing a lower league side in the blue square as you would want to keep your wages to a minimum and dispose of all the rubbish, is this really necessary, even when you have repeatedly told the players they are not in the first team plans they still want to stay...

I have opened a thread on this. It's pointless to complain about it. I think SI want to emulate real life as close as possible, so this is there way of preventing the acquisition and immediate sale of free transfers.

Yep, in early versions it was easy to "buy" a whole bunch of players and sell them on immediately for good profit. In real life, that happens rarely. I will admit to doing this in older CM games. I'd snap up 15 players and only keep 4 or 5. That's when I was younger and didn't care for the integrity of the game.

However, if it's a player you didn't sign (ie signed irl during summer 2008), then it should be easier to sell, also if it's been 10 months and you have been constantly trying to sell him.

Loaning players should rarely be a problem for THIS reason, other reasons are okay (doesn't want to move his family for a short term move etc)

If they are transfer listed either by request or by the manager then they shouldn't really be complaining, especially if they wanted to be transfer listed. Agreed also that if the transfers were made irl then it should be easier to sell on as it's happened a few times, a new manager takes over 4 months after x player joined the club and gets sold on due to not being needed by the new manager

Robbie Keane. Pascal Chimbonda. Heck, even El-Hadji Diouf! Players DO move quickly from one club to another sometimes IRL. But not on FM...

Didi Hamann lasted about 12 minutes at Bolton before he decided he made a mistake and went to Man City for £500,000.

I too would like to see a modification of this. Right now Leroy Lita is being a total dillhole, not playing well and skipping training sessions, but I can't get rid of him. Too bad because I got him on a free and could make £4 million or so.

I agree, and I think this is something that needs to be fixed. If not completely, then certainly the loan aspect. Even IRL, it is not uncommon for teams to loan out youngsters they have just signed to give them match experience straight away. It certanly isn't something that players are "reluctant" to do IRL, and this is something I like to do in the game. However, this stupid bug is stopping me doing that. And it doesn't even make sense, as the player's happiness is down as "looking forward to gaining match expereince from going out on loan". So why do no teams offer beacause he is "reluctant to leave after his recent arrival". C'mon SI, a bit of cosistency please.

Archived