Question Regarding Loading Players From Different Nations

I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but I was playing a game as Barcelona the other night, and I noticed alot of players were missing from other nations (Most notable one was Rafael for Man Utd, even though his brother Fabio was there)...

My question: Can I load players from as many nations as I like without the game running like a steam train?

I know if I tick all the boxes to run every league it'll run painfully slow, but does it apply for loading all players from different nations?

If you load all players from England when you aren't running the English Leagues on a large database then you are going to be adding about 10k players and a lot of staff and clubs. I wouldn't load up players from England, Spain, Italy or Germany if you want your game to process quickly, the sheer amount of players those countries add will slow things down a bit.

I'd only load extra players from 'smaller' leagues, i.e. if I'm playing in English Leagues I'd load up players from Wales, Ireland, N. Ireland, and Scotland. The extra players from England aren't worth it as there are so many from non league clubs.

I used to just load players form nations rather than load more leagues. To be honest, you often just end up with a bunch of worthless players, scouts and coaches diluting the db. This is fine if you are playing LLM, but if you play a top division, I wouldn't waste your time. Just load some more divisions, which in turn adds players from that region. (e.g. If you load Brazil as playable, more players who played in Brazil at one point and other players from South America will be loaded into the db.)

I usually run 13 nations (with the LL from the nation I intend to play), so 16 divisions and the game runs perfectly.

If you do decide to load players from other nations, in my experience, it won't slow down the processing speed, so it is a decent option

Archived