How is this guy not granted a work permit?

It is a stupid rule . I know backpackers who can travel down here to Oz and get a 2 yr working visa in no time but a highly rated football player who will be contributing a lot more money for the tax man is refused..........a funny one.

It is a stupid rule . I know backpackers who can travel down here to Oz and get a 2 yr working visa in no time but a highly rated football player who will be contributing a lot more money for the tax man is refused..........a funny one.

The tax man is all a law unto himself, so the FM is even realistic in the world of inland revenue!! :rolleyes:

He plays for Egypt. Im not sure when all his caps came.

Not to be too damning to Eqyptian players but that may be your stumbling block. It's a matter of reputation I guess. International caps do not always equal a big rep.

Keep an eye on him and hope he gets picked up by a European team, with easier permit rules, and goes on to get EU nationality.

Either that or forget about him and find someone even better. Persistence often rewards you with some cracking finds.

What league do you play in by the way?

If he doesn't qualify for an automatic work permit (And I'd guess it's the 75% of games in previous two years that are the problem), then he doesn't qualify. If it goes to appeal and he doesn't qualify through that, then there's the high chance that he's not going to improve football in your league and there's plenty of similar players who don't need work permits. At 25 he's too old to send to a Feeder Club (If you have one for work permits).

So I say move on and find another player.

I just thought of another player I signed that did receive a work permit, and he seems less qualified:

18 caps / 3 goals (Panama)

28 yrs old

$20k value (was something like that)

In the game, Panama is ranked 85th, wheres as Egypt is ranked 32nd. Also, the Egyptian is listed as one of three "star players" for Egypt. The Panamanian is not listed for his nation.

Im playing in League One in England. Its seems like if he is valued at $1.2 million, he must have some kind of rep.

$1.2 million is only something like £800k and that's not a huge amount in todays football market. Anything under £1m is small time these days. Besides, his value may be over-inflated because his club want to make some money.

I think I'm with Cavenagh. Move on and find some EU talent. I'll give you a tip and say try Slovenia or Cyprus.

hmm work permits are quite annoying in my aston villa save man city put jo up for free so i offered him a contract as a key player but it was rejected for a work permit. May have been his international i think but since he was already playing in england surely he would already have a work permit. With your guy though with the international side of things he should be granted one but im not that well aware with the regulations.

you should try to sign him on like a 2 year contract actualy then

1.i think it's actualy more likely to get a work permit for some reason and 2. your gonna sell him in a season or 2 anyway

Archived