Raising Finances

I am currently taking part in a barnet save and what started as a challenge is now becoming mission impossible. After finishing 10th in the first season and then losing the second season play off final on penalties I am currently half way through my third season. I am currently top of the league by 9 points so all seems to be going well. However my finances keep going further and further into the red. At the start of the season I was 100K in the red and as a result sold one of my leading centre backs for 250K to get the bank balance to a healthy 150K. However despite success on the pitch and being 3K under my current wage budget, which is only 22K, I keep losing money and as a result, halfway through the season, I am back into the red by 80K. I was wondering how you can raise the bank balance. My board wont let me have a parent club for some reason as they dont think it will be 'beneficial' and I dont think I can attract any more fans considering my success on the pitch and still my attendances struggle to get over 3000. I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

First off, check your wages. If they are in the minuses, you need to balance them. Second, in lower league management finances are often in the red. When you progress they start to balance, so it isn't much of a problem.

My wages are fine. I have a 22K budget and only spending 19K. What seems strange to me is that the attendances have hardly budged

no as a barnet fan i know that the attendance is alot more than that. well maybe not alot more but i had 4100 for a cup game last season so this isnt the case. maybe im not playing attractive enough football or has the credit crunch started to effect the fm world haha

i did that after the first season but it sadly didnt work out so i had a massive clearout. Mista T I have to disagree with you on your point. If it was that simple after playing 19 games winning 16 drawing 2 and losing 1 you would have thought people would be flooding in.

I am currently taking part in a barnet save and what started as a challenge is now becoming mission impossible. After finishing 10th in the first season and then losing the second season play off final on penalties I am currently half way through my third season. I am currently top of the league by 9 points so all seems to be going well. However my finances keep going further and further into the red. At the start of the season I was 100K in the red and as a result sold one of my leading centre backs for 250K to get the bank balance to a healthy 150K. However despite success on the pitch and being 3K under my current wage budget, which is only 22K, I keep losing money and as a result, halfway through the season, I am back into the red by 80K. I was wondering how you can raise the bank balance. My board wont let me have a parent club for some reason as they dont think it will be 'beneficial' and I dont think I can attract any more fans considering my success on the pitch and still my attendances struggle to get over 3000. I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Have you considered doing a bit of wheeling and dealing, getting people in on a free or dirt cheap and selling them on after a season for a profit? i normally scour scandanvian teams for some bargains!!:thup:

Same situation here, despite the fact i manage Guarani, a club from the Brazilian Third Division which has a balance of 0 at the start of the game and pays some 350-400k to the bank every month. Then you add our wage bills (60k per month, and i'm over 30k under the budget, my players average wage is 800 pounds per month), match expenses and the rest, and we have a deficit of over 400-500k per month (the income is about 100k and the expenses around 500k-600k). I'm 5.5 millions in the red and i gave up on trying to control the finances, dont think there's anything i can do, asked for a parent club, got none, we're into receivership and i'll be forced to sell if any offers come.

My advice is to try and get promotion and control your wages carefully. Look for players on loan (except for strikers as they tend to do poorly since they dont gel with the squad and dont score) and get some players on a free and do good in the leagues. I have my hopes up, considering i've been promoted as champions of the third division and i've got 1 million for TV money last season and now i've been informed the club settled for a 3.7 million deal individual TV transmission this one, so who knows...

you might want to consider lowering your wages slightly, to keep in the black you need to be a little bit more under your wage budget than you currently are. even so it seems to be bringing you success so you could probably get away with not lowering the wage bill too much.

dont worry too much about being slightly in the red if your top of the table. if you win promotion youll gain more than enough season tickets to push your finances comfortably into the black. Youll also be filling out your stadium more aswell in league 1.

Im currently in 2020/21 on my barnet game and playing in europe in the prem. I think i was over cautious with wages as it took me a while to get promotion, but i won league 1 straight away after winning league 2 though. Trust me in league 1 youll notice a massive difference in income (season tickets, crowds etc.)

add me to msn?

post back...

Try and get some big teams to your stadium to generate some funds. You will have to give them a cut of it though.

I was in the same situation with Queen's Park. They where paying 95k a month, it was very hard to keep up with that.

Another thing to try is get a big team as your parent club. This way you can loan their players for nothing. And get a small fee at the and of the year.

Can you trim your wage budget any further? Reserves, and youth, it all adds up. Cut the fat off your team.

Hope you go up mate.

I say,if you happy with the players you got.You can try and expand their contracts to the wages they got,and then bring youth team in.If it go into red,sell someone and then bring the youth team player in.If you want to improve your squad,try and keep it to 1 player.Just keep eye on finances,and the wage budget.

If your attendences improve,money come in and you got extra funds.Try and keep it,and that will improve it.

Archived