Manchester United Debt

Has anybody played with United past the payments for bebt, The best is about 7m per month and an overall debt of like 600mill. Takes like 40 years to pay it all of i think. Has anybody actually played until this debt is eradicated. They must be really rich after this

I think I seen Nick saying that there are loads of other sponsors which United have IRL that aren't included in FM for some reason, which would otherwise alleviate the debt quite substantially.

Now don't quote me on that, I was reading through old threads and I'm sure I read something like that, he could confirm probably (or deny - maybe I imagined it):D

I played Liverpool until their debt was repaid, just before 2020.

I'm not even sure where the Man utd debt came from. Was it expanding OT? Also agree with OP, but doesn't mean to say they aren't rich already!

The Glazers put the club in debt, when they bought United, they basically took out a loan via the club or something along those lines.

I'm not even sure where the Man utd debt came from. Was it expanding OT? Also agree with OP, but doesn't mean to say they aren't rich already!

The debt relates to the loan that the Glazers took out to buy the club, as soon as they took full ownership of the Plc the debt ceased to be a personal debt against the Glazers. The loan itself was financed on the value of the clubs assets, in essence they are mortgaged to the hilt.

in real life if man utd missed out on champions league would this spell disaster? aka leeds utd?

Man Utd are not Leeds, they're such a huge brand worldwide there's always going to be money that can be made with their name. Sponsorships, merchandising etc. If Glazers decide to sell there will be buyers. The most famous football club in the world will not just disappear into obscurity. That's why FM is ridiculous in this regard. It can't model the finances realistically and this results in clubs like Man Utd going bust if they don't win everything season after season. In real life the big clubs will always have financial edge which helps to keep them right up there. In FM an unsuccessful season can completely ruin them. I'm only in 2019/2020 on FM 09 and the only club out of the 'big four' fighting for top 4 spots regularly are Chelsea while Cardiff and Blackburn are financial powerhouses (and City as well of course for obvious reasons). It's a bit silly I'd say.

To claim united would never go bust is a little crazy. It's very possible that they could fall into a spiral where performance on the pitch (or lack of it) impacts upon finances, thus reducing how much money can go into transfer fees, and then hitting future performance and further hitting finances.

http://soccerlens.com/manchester-uniteds-debt-analysed/7356/

I actually feel the game is overly kind on Manchester United's finances and Chelsea's. Liverpool's seem to be spot on (perhaps a little underjudged at times). Arsenal are perhaps the best able of the top 4 to weather hard times but then I've not seen any forecasts based on them performing in the UEFA cup on regular basis either.

Not seen United's debt cleared with 09 yet. But I'd hope that the financial model won't be broken because most of the profit will be taken out as dividends by the Glazers.

Man Utd are not Leeds, they're such a huge brand worldwide there's always going to be money that can be made with their name. Sponsorships, merchandising etc. If Glazers decide to sell there will be buyers. The most famous football club in the world will not just disappear into obscurity. That's why FM is ridiculous in this regard. It can't model the finances realistically and this results in clubs like Man Utd going bust if they don't win everything season after season. In real life the big clubs will always have financial edge which helps to keep them right up there. In FM an unsuccessful season can completely ruin them. I'm only in 2019/2020 on FM 09 and the only club out of the 'big four' fighting for top 4 spots regularly are Chelsea while Cardiff and Blackburn are financial powerhouses (and City as well of course for obvious reasons). It's a bit silly I'd say.

there a huge brand because they are successful take away success for 3-4 years and the chinese fans will start following someone else and there goes the extra merchandising and finances

and leeds are not as small as you think... otherwise 33,000 wouldn't turn up for a league 1 game would they?

I was approached to take over at ManU after I led my Bognor team to the heady heights of League Two. One of the Glazers took over as Chairman in my game at the start of the 2011 season. At the same time the loan repayments went down to 500k per month and they expanded the stadium to 91000. Right now I'm shuffling around the UEFA Cup spots with a bunch of wonderkids.

The club burns through about 50m a season in debt and wages.

Its easy to bring in 30m in revenue from tv and league alone ..

In my first season in charge I sold Berbatov, Fletcher etc and raised 86m.

After that it was easy ...

Keep your wage budget 100k below the limit and you'll be fine.

there a huge brand because they are successful take away success for 3-4 years and the chinese fans will start following someone else and there goes the extra merchandising and finances

and leeds are not as small as you think... otherwise 33,000 wouldn't turn up for a league 1 game would they?

leeds might not be a "small club" but there is no way you can compare the two teams, man utd's merchandising is not just the Asian market as someone else pointed out they are a world wide brand, also the debt that's been took on will have been look at with a "what is the minimum we can achieve" in the league, europe and domestic cups.

your 3 to 4 years of not doing anything to equal disaster would mean 3 or 4 years of bottom half of the table finishes after a steady decline over a few years prior to that where the merchandising would also slowly decline.

the bottom line is man utd are not in a position where a couple of season where they do not qualify for the CL will mean they will do a "leeds"

i'm currently in the start of year 2016 and i'm man utd manager for about 3 seasons. Still paying 2 debts but one of them finishes in october of 2016, really hoping that i can have more money available.

Got a stadium expasion and Old Trafford is now with 103000.

I'm am not managing the club since the beggining and my president is David Gill, i don't know if he start's tthe game as president or the Unted have been taked over

Guest hillj1404

I got took over at the beggining of my 3rd season with man utd, the debt still stayed tho, but the new consortium made alot more money available.

but ive sold most of the original squad anyway.

in fact only got, foster, oshea, brown, ronaldo and rooney left.

Playing as Man Utd i dont even notice the debt to be honest. All i do is sell a couple of players which are aged around 28 and buy in a few more which are under 20 with the potential to be as good as the ones ive just sold or better at a really cheap price using the transfer budget given. When ever i sell a player i always opt to have the cash over 24 months with very little up front. This help keep the cash flow healthy for the next two seasons. So basically my success on the pitch just determines how much money i get to spend on new players. I also tend to keep around £50M at least in the bank and have at least £100k left in the wage budget (weekly)

keep an eye out for free transfers, managed to pick up a few players worth around £6M each and play them sparingly only to sell them for almost double thier value 2 - 3 seasons later.

Hope this helps all who play as Manchester United :D

The game can't correctly simulate Man United's real life financial situation.

I have paid off all the debt the club has in the game, by 2020. I had a balance of 200 million which is just sitting there doing nothing and i had a loan outstainding of £150 million or so which was just costing me money in the form of interest. So i did what would happen in real life. I used FMRTE to wipe the loan and i deducted £155 million from my balance paying of the loan and paying the bank £5million to do it. This is what the club will do in reality.

The game can't correctly simulate Man United's real life financial situation.

I have paid off all the debt the club has in the game, by 2020. I had a balance of 200 million which is just sitting there doing nothing and i had a loan outstainding of £150 million or so which was just costing me money in the form of interest. So i did what would happen in real life. I used FMRTE to wipe the loan and i deducted £155 million from my balance paying of the loan and paying the bank £5million to do it. This is what the club will do in reality.

it would cost more than £5M to do it wouldn't it because they would lose out on rather a lot of intrest that would be paid if you hadnt have paid it all off at once

it would cost more than £5M to do it wouldn't it because they would lose out on rather a lot of intrest that would be paid if you hadnt have paid it all off at once

There will be clauses in the contract as there are with all big loans, so it would agreed that at certain intervals during the loan there is an option to pay it all or or pay a large chunk of it, with the cost of doing so decreasing as time goes by, as more interest will have been paid if more time has passed. Obviously the exact interest rates are unkown but they are quite high because the club wanted to be able to pay off big chunks cheaply so a high interest rate was set to balance this. 5 million of 150 million is 3.3% not much but considering people have estimated a possible 36% interest per year on the loan you can see how it balances, high in one area low in the other.

star player to buy, fredurico laurito!!! i got rid of tevez to real madrid for 29.5 mill and bought him for 5 mill

what season you in? i got him for 6 million in third season and slod tevez to roma for £40M but it was all over 24months which is gd for me :) also managed to sell ronaldo for 80M to real madrid all upfront :) pretty pleased with that

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hillj1404

i sold tevez end of 1st season bought laurito at same time, more players to buy, akinfeev, mattock, sakho, saivet, santana, hietinga, diarra, delph.

Archived