Best Achievement to Date and with whom?

As the title suggests, what would you call your finest hour in FM.

Mine is leading my beloved Wycombe Wanderers to the Prem title in 4 seasons, winning JPT twice, league cup twice and FA Cup once last year. Also, anyone else playing with the mighty Wycombe? Be great to see how you got on/ are getting on

Here are some of the details

Division

League 2 - 1st - Champions of L2 and JPT Winners - Top Scorer Matty Harrold 37 in league and 5 in cups, 42 tital

League 1 - 1st - Champs L1 JPT Winners - Top Scorer Amr Zaki 43 League, 9 cup, 52 total

Championship - 1st - Champs + League Cup champs - Top Scorer Zaki + Maxi Lopez both 27 league and 4 cup 31 total

Premiership - 1st champs league and fa cup winners - Zaki Top Scorer 29 league and 7 cup 36 total

well, staines are currently strong contenders for the BSP with me, despite predictions of mid table/relegation finishes for four years in a row. Otherwise taking Spurs to PL+CL glory 4 seasons in a row, but considering their spending power was unrivalled until the man city takeover it isn't much of an achievment.

Update on progress

Prem - defended title and won fa cup - Zaki top scorer with 39 in league :eek: 7 in cups and 14 in champions league :eek:

But best of all, we are the champions of europe, beating AC Milan 5-4 on pens at wembley :D

Guess who scores the winner :rolleyes:

Also, new stadium to be finished in Feb, capacity of 100,000 seats with possibility to expand to 200,000. Now that is what i call a bumper year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

won the league, champions league. club world championship,european super cup, italian cup(what ever its called) and what ever else you could win..

as the mighty juventus :)

Nice, try doing the same as me, the only reason i was so good was because apart from the odd signing here and there, my squad didn't change after L1, so the players knew each others games inside out, which helped a lot. Zaki was a bargain for 100k, Zamalek didnt want him anymore despite him being their only real player :D

I loaded around ten leagues on FM 08 and started unemployed, got offered a job at a 2nd tier russian club called baltika kaliningrad, got them promoted in my first full season (started half way through a season before that). Then i gradually built them from relegation candidates to title contenders, CSKA Moscow had dominted the last 6 seasons until i finally pipped them on the games won rule, i then won the league again 2 season later and defended it the following season whilst getting baltika to the quarter final of the champions legue beating A.C Milan in the second round. That career was my best ever achievement on FM, im attempting the same again 09 but havet had as much luck with the team i have inherited this time its mahuk another russian team.

Chester City - Media predicted 21st and i finished 14th. The team was being praised for the football being played and i had alot of players liking me. Also 4th best defence (But 14th best attack) in the league.

Only signing was a GK on a free transfer

As the title suggests, what would you call your finest hour in FM.

Mine is leading my beloved Wycombe Wanderers to the Prem title in 4 seasons, winning JPT twice, league cup twice and FA Cup once last year. Also, anyone else playing with the mighty Wycombe? Be great to see how you got on/ are getting on

Here are some of the details

Division

League 2 - 1st - Champions of L2 and JPT Winners - Top Scorer Matty Harrold 37 in league and 5 in cups, 42 tital

League 1 - 1st - Champs L1 JPT Winners - Top Scorer Amr Zaki 43 League, 9 cup, 52 total

Championship - 1st - Champs + League Cup champs - Top Scorer Zaki + Maxi Lopez both 27 league and 4 cup 31 total

Premiership - 1st champs league and fa cup winners - Zaki Top Scorer 29 league and 7 cup 36 total

HTF can you win the Premier League in your first season or for that matter even the Championship, and winning the champions league in your first ever season in it is just ridiculous.

Another thing is how did you manage to get Zaki to come to a L1 Team from the EPL.:eek:

Sorry mate but we need some proof but if its all legit WELL DONE:D

Sorry, can't get any screenshots as the game file corruped, as did my backup a few mins ago. I have a game file roughly 15 games into the champo though, will get some screen shots off that if my print screen button wants to work, it doesnt usually, so don't expect anything soon. Matty Harrold retired after i released him, so no screenie for him, but may be able to get one of zaki in L1. Also, got taken over by sugar daddy, so it made things slightly easier, but still challenging.

i took over reading just before christmas and they was hanging around mid table in the championship, i then went on this run of 11 clean sheets in a row and finished 2nd

finalrun.jpg

i then battled relegation in the next season

and the season after that i finished 8th and won the league cup ( i also captured the ageing signature of ronaldinho :p)

won the league, champions league. club world championship,european super cup, italian cup(what ever its called) and what ever else you could win..

as the mighty juventus :)

nice one ... but... I am on for doing the same thing in 2015 with...

the mighty Bristol City!!

I have the champs league, fa cup, and the prem to go. just beat barca 5-2 on agg in the 1st knockout stage of the champs league. so if I can do it, this season will be my best acheivement then I'll prolly hang up my boots until 9.3.0 comes out and start over again. :thup:

yeah, i now about that as well, but for some reason, that's disabled as well. As i mentioned in dafuge's challenge a while ago, the print screen button is finally working as i write, though probably not for much longer

Why are there still no screenshots then? Hmmmmmm somethings not right here...........

My best acheivement on FM09 so far has been getting Sheff Wed promoted via the playoffs in the first season after an inspired signing took me from lower mid table into the playoffs in the second half of the season. I managed to avoid relegation in the Prem and I am now sat in 10th getting towards the end of my 2nd season with some great young players!

Update on progress

Prem - defended title and won fa cup - Zaki top scorer with 39 in league :eek: 7 in cups and 14 in champions league :eek:

But best of all, we are the champions of europe, beating AC Milan 5-4 on pens at wembley :D

Guess who scores the winner :rolleyes:

Also, new stadium to be finished in Feb, capacity of 100,000 seats with possibility to expand to 200,000. Now that is what i call a bumper year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howd you manage to get Zaki to score so many. When I had him with Celtic he was pants.

He played every game in L1 and Championship, so he was used to scoring because it was easier and he just carried it on each game. It also helped that i had 3 formations and my team bonded really well. He new his strike partner's game inside out, whether it was Maxi Lopez, Juan Carlos Arce or Rhys Murphy. Finally, we had great supply to him with Marceo Righters, Antonio Hidalgo, Jean de Jong, Tommy Marrow, Adam Hammill and Jason Koumas providing killer balls which he would net his goals from. It was a great team unit. If you integrate him into your team and give him time to settle, he will score goals. Play him every game with a regular partner up front so he gets used to their game and vice versa. Also, he isn't good when he is a lone striker as he hasn't got enough strength to muscle his way through, nor enough pace to beat the defenders on his own. But the main key was the supply we game him from the wings and from the AMC position.

Hope this helps and that he flourishes in your team from now on

WYCOMBE TILL I DIE!!!!

Why are there still no screenshots then? Hmmmmmm somethings not right here...........

No sorry, can't get them. Print Screen doesn't usually work for some reason and the save game file from season 3 when i was in Championship has corrupted as well. Sorry, will just have to do it all again :thdn: DAMN YOU COMPUTER :mad: :mad:

Surviving in the prem with Crewe after successive promotions by beating Portsmouth 3-1 on the last day of the season to send them down. Then 2nd season in prem finishing 3rd to qualify for the champions league qualifying rounds, best thing I have ever achieved.

Edit to first post

League 2 - 1st - Champions of L2 and JPT Winners - Amr Zaki 49 Goals League - Screenie doesn't show cup goals

League 1 - 1st - Champs L1 JPT Winners - Top Scorer Amr Zaki 38 League, 9 cup, 52 total

Sorry about the errors, must have got carried away. The screenshot is 16 games into Season 3, when i was in the championship. Zaki got injured shortly after.

Also, didn't realise i bought Zaki when i was in L2. He was voted best transfer of the season.

Season 3 Progress: http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/hamilton162/?action=view&current=FM09WycombeSeason3ChampionshipProgr.jpg

Zaki after 16 games in Season 3: http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/hamilton162/?action=view&current=ZakiRecordonFM09ForWycombe.jpg

Managed to dig out these from my documents :thup::D

You got 4.4 million to spend!?

Yeah, i got taken over by a tycoon right at the start. That was my whole transfer budget for the season gone after that, but it was worth it.

there's no way you bought him in league two in the same season that he spends with Wigan, where he is normally a starter!! Why would they have cancelled his loan?

I dunno, but they did. I think they bought Mido, Alfonso Alves and Defoe :eek:, so they had no need for him, so they cancelled his loan.

I won't be able to confirm this as the files that i have are all corrupted. The screeshots above were in my documents from a while back. If i manage to get any more screenshots, they are from my documents, so please don't ask me to get other ones as i can't.

This wycombe guy smells like a cheat to me. A new stadium with potential to expand to 200,000??? ridiculous

Amr Zaki playing in league 1 in second season??? Ridiculous.

Winning 3 sucessive promotions culminating in winning the prem in forst season with Wycombe??? Ridiculous.

I would guarantee that if someone got hold of his comp we would see some sort of in game editor being used time and time again.

Come back when you have something remotely believable next time then you might have my attention

Yeah, i freely admit that i got taken over by a tycoon who built a new stadium and gave me a massive transfer fund and huge wage budget. I'll get a screenshot from the editor to show you that i'm not cheating. Anyway, why would i do that. It wouldn't be a challenge otherwise would it. I'll get a screenshot from my documents of the reputation in the championship etc. to try and convince you. But if you don't believe me, i don't really care because i know i've done it.

Lazio in second season, minor signings, no money managed to win the Italian Cup and the EUFA cup for a double. Both won by last minute counter attack goals.

Winnng the league with Man Utd in my next job was nice but we cruised it by 8 points in the end. So not nearly as rewarding.

Never won the European Cup .. still hunting for that one. :)

Taking Bradford all the way to 4th in the Prem and capturing the CC in the same season. That was a good season. I gambled on a Spanish player that another prem team bought and then transfer-listed within about 9 months. Got him for a bargain price and he soon started banging in the goals.

Probably my greatest achievement was getting Matty Fryatt and Luke Steele capped for England on FM2007.

Yeah, i freely admit that i got taken over by a tycoon who built a new stadium and gave me a massive transfer fund and huge wage budget. I'll get a screenshot from the editor to show you that i'm not cheating. Anyway, why would i do that. It wouldn't be a challenge otherwise would it. I'll get a screenshot from my documents of the reputation in the championship etc. to try and convince you. But if you don't believe me, i don't really care because i know i've done it.

im not saying your a cheat & it your game so fair play to you. if you want to hold on to your kudos this is what you should post...

1) a picture of ziki's stats?

&

2) a picture of your full squad with player values shown?

How did you win the Champions League in your first season up? Did you mean UEFA Cup?

No, i won UEFA Cup when i was in the Championship. I got in because of the fair play league draw and i was second in the fair play league when i was in L1.

im not saying your a cheat & it your game so fair play to you. if you want to hold on to your kudos this is what you should post...

1) a picture of ziki's stats?

&

2) a picture of your full squad with player values shown

Yeah, i know you didn't call me a cheat, so its ok. I will see if i have the screenshots in my documents as the files corrupted. If i can find them, i will post them

This wycombe guy smells like a cheat to me. A new stadium with potential to expand to 200,000??? ridiculous

Amr Zaki playing in league 1 in second season??? Ridiculous.

Winning 3 sucessive promotions culminating in winning the prem in forst season with Wycombe??? Ridiculous.

I would guarantee that if someone got hold of his comp we would see some sort of in game editor being used time and time again.

Come back when you have something remotely believable next time then you might have my attention

Here are some screenshots from the editor

Finance Data: http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/hamilton162/?action=view&current=WycombeDatabaseFinanceData.jpg

General Data: http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/hamilton162/?action=view&current=WycombeDatabaseDetailsData.jpg

Stadium Data: http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/hamilton162/?action=edit&current=WycombeDatabaseStadiumData.jpg&startOption=3&special_track=fullview_edit_resize

Do you believe me now? If not, i'm not bothered

oTRUTHo - I'll dig out the screenshots you want and upload them ASAP so people will believe me

The Fair Play league only puts you into the UEFA cup.

Yeah, it put me into UEFA Cup. I got into Champions League by winning Prem in Season 4

Erm, the fair play draw is only for Premier League clubs

Ok, maybe it's a bug then. But i got into the UEFA Cup somehow.

Here's the screenshots by the way

Zaki's Attributes: http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/hamilton162/?action=view&current=AmrZakiStatsinSeason3.jpg

Squad: http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/hamilton162/?action=view&current=WycombeSquadSeason3Championship.jpg

UEFA Cup Group: http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/hamilton162/?action=view&current=WycombeUEFACupGroupB.jpg

As you can see, my wins in the UEFA Cup are all normal scores, except for when i beat Basel 5-2, which was thanks to a hat-trick. Guess who scored it :rolleyes:

I guess mine would be taking Farsley Celtic from the Blue Square Premier North to the Premier League by 2017, including 5 promotions in 8 years. When I got promoted to the Championship I was predicted 23rd but somehow ended up 6th and won the play-offs to get to the PL.:D

Archived