The Oppositions GK keeps getting MOTM.

I am Man Utd, 3rd in the table in November but id be about 15 points clear at the top if it wasn't for the GK's.

Every single match bar one or two in every competition, the opposition GK gets Man of the match and i'm starting to think it may even be a glitch.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Superkeeper and gk mom's is an issue with the type of chances you are getting and the player instructions that you are using.

I really really hope thats not true. Player instructions should play absolutely no part in how many chances are converted. None at all. Did Wenger really explain to Henry exactly what to do when he got a chance? I tell you what if this is true I can see this game getting to the point where player attributes mean nothing and the best strikers in the world will constantly miss clear cut chances because you've told them to "close down" 1 notch too high

No, but if your playing very slow very short passing, trying to walk it into the net, you should score a lot of very simple goals. Conversely, if you play hoof and hope you will get lots of half chances unless you've got quick strikers. Your's is likely somewhere in between, but I'm guessing as Man U a fairly quick tempo?

Seeing as your third as Man U i'd say you have other problems!

I really really hope thats not true. Player instructions should play absolutely no part in how many chances are converted. None at all. Did Wenger really explain to Henry exactly what to do when he got a chance? I tell you what if this is true I can see this game getting to the point where player attributes mean nothing and the best strikers in the world will constantly miss clear cut chances because you've told them to "close down" 1 notch too high

This is how things worked for a long time.

Wrong settings for forwards runs and runs with ball or wrong mentality can almost destroy even the best striker.

That's why people moan about how Aguero,Bojan,Adebayor and Ibra score 3 goals in 40 games, they ''use'' them wrong.

For example I had a Worldclass regen Targetman with stats as good as Ibra and a Ca of 199,but he played AWFUL and always shot at the keeper and whatnot even though he had 20 finishing and 20 composure.

After giving him a bit more creative freedom he started apply better finishes and scored around 30 goals in the second half of the season where as he only scored around 10 in the first one.

And yes this is one of the main problems of the game, induvidual instructions should in no way affect a player this much.

But to a degree it does make sense, if you have a player going all out attack with RWB often and FWR often then he might not get enough balls and basically is cut out of ''supply'' thus being useless regardless of ability.

Archived