New Ideas for FM10

I would like the option of starting a game in an earlier season eg) Arsenal in 2003/04 with all the players that were in the team then.

It would be brilliant for poaching all the amazing talent like Messi and Rooney before they became famous - not sure how big the database would need to be for all those exta players though!

Why is it every year we see these threads? The game has only been out a few month and people are already looking to the next release! I've only just really got into FM09 and still getting used to it over 08, I don't want to have to think about re-learning tactics and techniques that work well on a new engine lol!

I didn't know there was a time period for when ideas were acceptable!? SI tag good ideas, so if it doesn't matter when it's mentioned, as long as it's a good idea.

The problem with this idea is the size of the game if you added all the players from 04, people already have issues with processing and making the game even bigger, despite CM03/04 being available, doesn't make sense.

Anyway, to the OP, I see where you're coming from but I would imagine this may prove too difficult (or at least too time consuming) to:-

a) Keep realistic

b) Implement ever changing rules and regulations of football at various points depending upon the year gameplay is selected.

c) to create a database , basically your players database would have to be huge wouldnt it to recreate all the old teams and players going back to whenever. Even if you go back just a couple of years you are talking maybe doubling the size of the database. If this was really going to be worthwhile you would have to be able to go back quite far otherwise it would be pointless (as most the recent best players are still playing).

Like you I would love to manage some fantastic teams or players from the past (and have done in previous versions going back to 1992) and would love to have new modern features. So potentially ya its a great idea but i think realistically it would need to be a whole new game and would prove pointless as not that many people would be interested in it so ultimately the extra hard work would go to waste.

It is a shame though that it cant/won't be done.

I didn't know there was a time period for when ideas were acceptable!? SI tag good ideas, so if it doesn't matter when it's mentioned, as long as it's a good idea.

Under normal circumstances "good ideas" or small improvements to gameplay could be incorporated into patches though so ideas shortly after release (like 3 months), could be put forward about the current release, rather then the next release.

Seems silly making suggestions about the next release of the game when so many are still content with the current version - it's almost like egging SI on to produce another one. What's the big rush?

Why everytime people come out with a wishlist for a new version people come out with the old: "IT'S TOO EARLY" Bollocks. By the time the game is announced, everything that will be in it is more or less set in stone.

If you want something to do be done in terms of new features, now would be the time.

For example, a new tactical system or a new way of seeing your tactics as many people don't understand the sliders.

Why everytime people come out with a wishlist for a new version people come out with the old: "IT'S TOO EARLY" Bollocks.

Is that based on your experience of every release of the game since 2008?

By the time the game is announced, everything that will be in it is more or less set in stone.

If you want something to do be done in terms of new features, now would be the time.

For example, a new tactical system or a new way of seeing your tactics as many people don't understand the sliders.

Fair enough, this statement would be true, but by the time your new ideas are implemented into a new release, won't you will have something else you want fixing or included?

I'm not trying to have a go, just admittedly this is where you get problems with annual releases of games. I do understand SI are tied to this because of the game genre, seasonal changes and of course their need for an annual "big" title release. The current patches are nothing more than minor bug fixes, as opposed to some titles' patches which offer a lot more and improve games more substantially as the title is expected to run for two years minimum.

Hello evri 1 in no dis mite not be rite 4 dis thread but i need help......

Ive jus overitten 1 ov my saved games by acciedent does eny1 no hw to go bak on the saved game before i made my stupid mistake.

Well it seemz dat it wud b moor help if u tiped lik nrmal person, nt lik demntd gt u fuxc sudn ft! Ufht tusbk askfusa!

Hello evri 1 in no dis mite not be rite 4 dis thread but i need help......

Ive jus overitten 1 ov my saved games by acciedent does eny1 no hw to go bak on the saved game before i made my stupid mistake.

Firstly, no text speak, this is a forum for English. Those who do not speak English, and the majority of those who can, struggle to read such.

Go to "Load game"- there might be an old file there. If there isn't, then it's your fault and there's no way to go back.

Archived