would i get the italy/argentina job?

i am just at the start of the 3rd season straight after the world cup and italy and argentina managers have been sacked. i am currently managing leicester (promoted in the first season to championship and in the championship came 1 placed above relegation) and ivory coast (got job half way through second season after cup of nations and took over for world cup. we came third in the world cup and beat brazil and italy on the way to this). by the way my experience was set to proffesional footballer. i am just wondering whether i would get the job because i dont want to apply as the coast fans would hate me if i got turned down so am just making sure.

truth i didnt apply for them cos i am already the manager for ivory coast and they wont like me if im applying for other jobs while im therre manager. i was just checking beasuse if i had a high chance of beingitaly/argentinas manager then i uold want to do it

truth i didnt apply for them cos i am already the manager for ivory coast and they wont like me if im applying for other jobs while im therre manager. i was just checking beasuse if i had a high chance of beingitaly/argentinas manager then i uold want to do it

It wouldn't have made any difference to what the Ivory Coast federation or fans thought of you if you had applied for them. It is only for club teams that happens.

Unlikely, especially if they aren't your nationaility. I've also noticed that I only get international jobs if I'm not employed by another internation team.

I was with the Ivory Coast when the England job came up. Applied. Rejected. Reloaded the game, resigned from Ivory Coast and applied again. England offered me the job.

Unlikely, especially if they aren't your nationaility. I've also noticed that I only get international jobs if I'm not employed by another internation team.

I was with the Ivory Coast when the England job came up. Applied. Rejected. Reloaded the game, resigned from Ivory Coast and applied again. England offered me the job.

The big nations nearly always hire one of their own.

I doubt you have much chance, I was manager of title winning Inter at the start of Season 3, both the Italy and Brazil managers were sacked, I applied for both but didnt get either

Germany didnt even qualify for the World Cup and they still have that Joachim Lowe in charge?

• 4 weeks later...
I doubt you have much chance, I was manager of title winning Inter at the start of Season 3, both the Italy and Brazil managers were sacked, I applied for both but didnt get either

Germany didnt even qualify for the World Cup and they still have that Joachim Lowe in charge?

It seems that in FM international managers don't get sacked for not qualifying for tournaments just for going out early in tournaments.

I dont think he can get sacked due to the licensing issues.

Really? I was a Singaporean, happily employed in Manchester United (ya, ya, I am a glory hunter) and was the manager of the Nigeria team. In the third season, they offered me the Argentina job after sacking Diego Simeone.

That said, I don't think I did that well for Argentina, but I am still somewhat getting them into the World Cup Qualifiers (easy but I keep screwing up on the easy matches).

I was manager of Nigeria, and after the Copa America a few jobs became vacant in South America.

I applied for a couple of them, and was offered the Uruguay job.

So i don't think your statement about only being offered an International job if not employed by another international team is true.

I'm running 9.0.2. what patch are you running?

I dont think he can get sacked due to the licensing issues.

Joachim Lowe was sacked after they were defeated 2-0 by Greece in the second round of the World Cup 2010. I wanted to apply for the job, but there wasn't the option to. One week later, Bernd Schuster was hired.

Joachim Lowe was sacked after they were defeated 2-0 by Greece in the second round of the World Cup 2010. I wanted to apply for the job, but there wasn't the option to. One week later, Bernd Schuster was hired.

You cant take the job as the licensing issues stop real players being available, the job can be taken once the nation has enough regens for there to be a national team.

You cant take the job as the licensing issues stop real players being available, the job can be taken once the nation has enough regens for there to be a national team.

No you have to wait until all the real German players have retired so you can't call any of them up. And I'm not sure it is possible then either.

I think it is more difficult in FM2009 to get manage international team, that in FM2007-8, cause I have applied plenty of times for Bangladesh, Kirgizstan, Thailand and Palestine (I have downloaded all avaible players from almost all nations - it took like a week) and never been accepted. If you manage a lower team as I do you have no chanse, I think

• 3 months later...
I was manager of Nigeria, and after the Copa America a few jobs became vacant in South America.

I applied for a couple of them, and was offered the Uruguay job.

So i don't think your statement about only being offered an International job if not employed by another international team is true.

I'm running 9.0.2. what patch are you running?

Actually, I agree with you now. I was managing Brazil and England offered me the job without even applying. 3rd time around...

Archived