January Transfers

Well I'm not sure if the game engine bumps up the price, but the fact is that it probably should. Realistically, teams would be unwilling to sell some of their better players (fringe players perhaps?) in January due to the increased risk of replacing them during such a short period of time and getting somebody of equal or greater skill during that window.

Quite frankly, if you want quality players in January (in real life) you will have to pay over the odds if you are to have ANY chance of getting them.

I was just wondering if clubs want more for players like in real life. I aint got alot of ££ and there are a few players I want who are star players in lower leagues, so just thinking would it be best to wait till close season. But I suppose if it is their best player then no matter when I make a bid it will cost me.

Defoe went back for double the ££, Keane went back cheaper because he wasn't wanted at Liverpool ergo he wasn't a star player, he was a fringe player at best so it would cost a club less.

Almost true...

Pompey got Defoe for around £9mil (various sources) and sold him back to Spurs for about £15mil (various sources).

Keane however, was sold to Liverpool for around £20mil (club sources) however they had only paid approx £10mil of that £20mil fee up to the point of his return to Spurs, so a "relatively" small contract buy out of £2mil was agreed and he returned to Spurs for what showed on the books for around £12mil (various sources).

Archived